Virginia Docent Exchange
1. What is the Virginia Docent Exchange?
The Virginia Docent Exchange is a conference held every two years planned by museum/art center volunteers and Staff to exchange ideas and innovations in museum practices. The Exchange is hosted at a member museum on a rotating basis every two years.
2. When is the next Exchange?
Exchanges are held every two years for two days in the Spring. The 2019 Docent Exchange will be hosted by the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond, Virginia on Sunday, April 14th and Monday, April 15th.
3. Who can attend the Exchange?
Anyone! If you are a docent, volunteer, or staff member at a member museum you get to attend at a discounted price. If you are not not associated with a member museum, you can still attend by paying a higher registration fee.
1. What are the registration fees?
Your registration fee will depend on your status as a Member Museum or Non Member Museum Docent or Staff member and if you are registering for the two day conference or one day conference. Please check our registration page to find your registration fee.
2. What is the difference between one-day registration and two-day registration?
Information coming soon!
3. How can I register for the exchange?
Our registration page is currently under construction, but registration will begin on February 1, 2019.
4. Oops! I’ve made a mistake on my registration form! What do I do?
E-mail the host museum at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. When is the deadline to register for the exchange?
Registration ends on March 15, 2019
Education Session Proposals
1. Who can present a session at an Exchange?
Typically, docents and/or staff from member museums present at an Exchange. However, exceptions can be made for presenters from non-member museums (such as docents and staff), or professional guest speakers from other organizations. The host museum makes the final determination on which proposals will be accepted as sessions at the Exchange.
2. How do I submit a session proposal?
Please complete and submit our online session proposal form.
3. When is the deadline to submit a workshop proposal?
October 29, 2018
1. What are the requirements of Member Museums?
Please read our bylaws to review requirements of Member Museums. You can review our Bylaws here!
2. How can my museum become a Member Museum?
Please submit a membership application on our website by visiting our Join the Exchange page.
3. My museum is already a member and we need to pay our dues. How do we pay our dues?
Please visit the Pay Your Dues page to submit your payment.